So. Tomorrow, real life begins. It's been 3+ months since I had class, and a year since I've had any in Spanish (Besides my "intensive Spanish" class, that is). Try to restrain your jealousy, you'll get your laughs when I'm having finals in July.
In the couple of weeks since I last updated, we've had orientation and a week off. Orientation was a bunch of useless information for those of us who'd been here more than three days. I was really there for the food (free breakfast!), visa information, and registration. Well, the medialunas (a type of Argentine croissant) were tasty, but the visa information was basically: we'll get back to you. Look out for an email and copy your passport in the meantime. And registration was a nightmare. They basically set up tables and they let you walk around from place to place squinting at the one schedule of classes they had put up for each department and telling you you (as an international student) were not cleared to take any of the interesting classes. And I thought France was bad. The actual signing up part took place the next day and was a thousand times easier, except for the PELs classes (the international-oriented ones), where there were two men registering us and we were told to take a number. I was 169--you can imagine how happy I was to wait around.
(un)Happily registered for my classes: Argentina in Words, Peronism, Argentinian foreign policy, and Latin 1, I headed out to Bariloche with Harris and Alessandra for a week.
Bariloche is a town southwest of Buenos Aires, part of the mountainous lake district. It's absolutely gorgeous, what with the fresh air and all. Kind of reminds me of home, especially since it's a ski destination in winter. The first day we went on a tour/hike to the black glacier (black due to volcanic sediment), then in the following days we hiked, biked, kayaked, and generally played the outdoorsy type.
They also are famous for their chocolate. Mmmm.
Picture's worth a thousand words, right? Here ya go.
Also, here's another album of life in BA. I warn you, it's a lot of flowers.
Oh, and I turned 21. Thai food and dancing. I also like this people buying me things idea. I think I'll turn 21 more often. :)
3 comments:
ahhhhhh it sounds like you've been having fun. :D i hope the classes are better than you're expecting, though. it ain't great, the way registration tends to work in these countries. ugh.
happy belated birthday, by the way! i think i was out of town, so i missed the facebook notice about it ;) if you figure out how to have multiple 21sts, let me know.
happy birthdayyyy
you are taking latin?
you are so cool jenelle
Post a Comment